Sunday, March 15, 2009

It's That Time... Soccer Time.

WOO HOO... we are back in the soccer mode, which makes me really excited. Indoor soccer is in for right now, and we signed Austin up this time and guess what? yup, I'm coaching again. I just can't say no, and I just really enjoy being out there, and also just feeling like I'm somehow participating. Yesterday was the first game, and first time meeting the new team. We practiced for the first twenty minutes of the hour, and then play 2- 16 minute half with a water break. I was soooo impressed with the kids that we have on the team, they are all second graders and most of them have played before. Our team did really well, I think the score was about 9-3, and Austin scored one of the first goals.. Way to go Austin!!!
So I am really excited for the new season, and all the kids seem like they will be lots of fun. The season is pretty short, 8 games in 5 weeks, and then after that will start up Spring Outdoor Soccer and both Austin and Sydney will be playing in that.

3 comments:

Bushel and a Peck Preschool said...

You are a good woman to coach! I'm sure your kids love to have their Mom coaching them-at least you hope that they appreciate all your efforts!!

Leah said...

Sounds like you're in for another great season!

Kristine said...

Uh oh Soccer Mama back on the field...